Parade Rescheduled for Friday, December 20, 2019 at 6:00 PM. All the following dates are for the original date. Please note all events are still the same except the date of the Parade. The application date to participate has been extended to 12/15/19.
Cypress Pointe Hospital is proud to present the Rotary Club of Hammond 61st Annual Christmas Parade Saturday, December 7, 2019 starting at 5:30pm. This year's theme is “I'll Be Home for Christmas”.
START TIME: Saturday, December 7, 2019, 5:30pm
LINE-UP: 2:00pm at Friendship Circle at SLU. All parade participants must be on their float or in their vehicles by 4:00pm. The parade starts promptly at 5:30pm.
DISBANDING: Friendship Circle and parking lot adjacent to Southeastern's football stadium parking lot.
JUDGING: Due to time limitations, there will be NO judging of bands or performing groups groups by the judges’ panel in front of the Chamber. The only categories judged will be Automobiles, Commercial Floats, Non-Commercial Floats and Walking Groups (no bands or performing groups). Judges will be set up at the reviewing stand at the PJ's Coffee on Magnolia Street.
- There will be only ONE SANTA CLAUS in the parade and he will ride in Santa's Special Sleigh at the END of the parade. Should an organization try to have a Santa on their float or vehicle, your group will be immediately removed from the parade.
- If your entry cannot keep up with the Parade, you will be removed by the Hammond Police Department. Drivers must maintain a 2-car length distance between your vehicle and the next entry. ~ Per Hammond Police Chief
- No undecorated floats or automobiles will be allowed in the parade. This does not apply to automobiles pulling floats or to antique automobiles. BUT please try to decorate all vehicles. This parade is about showing our community’s Christmas spirit.
- All participants must have throws to offer spectators. Throws can consist of beads, cups, stuffed animals, candy or logoed business materials.
- Proof of Insurance and Driver’s Licenses for all drivers are required on all vehicles (floats and automobiles) participating in the parade and must be submitted no later than November 22, 2019.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed during the parade.
- HEIGHT OF FLOATS CANNOT BE TALLER THAN TWELVE (12) FEET.
- DO NOT STOP AT ANY TIME DURING THE PARADE TO PERFORM. Due to security reasons, the Hammond City Police will remove your group from the parade if you stop to perform.
There will be a judges’ platform at the PJ’s Coffee on Magnolia Street and West Thomas Street. DO NOT stop to perform at the judges' platform or anywhere else along the parade route.
- No vulgar or non-family oriented music shall be played in the parade. All dance clubs must submit play list to Hammond Rotary Club for approval. If inappropriate dance moves are preformed, the entire dance group will be exited off the parade route immediately. Security will be stationed along the parade route.
- The judges’ reviewing stand will be at the Greater Hammond Chamber of Commerce Office (by the train depot). DO NOT stop to perform at the judge’s stand or anywhere else along the route.
- An Indemnification Agreement must be signed by all riders/walkers participating in the parade and must be turned in the day of the parade.
The parade will be filmed again this year. The Rotary is accepting any information about parade participants to be announced by media as participants pass the judges' platform. Please email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 985-542-9252 or drop the information off to the Daily Star office at 1010 CM Fagan Drive Suite 105 by Friday, November 22, 2019
This information is helpful to introduce your entry as you are filmed. Don’t miss the opportunity for your business/organization to be highlighted on TV. Information should be no longer than 1-2 paragraphs or 50 words.
If you have any questions please feel free to call Michelle at the Daily Star for information.
Thank you for participating, have fun, and Merry Christmas!
Download Forms Here:
Christmas Parade Rules and Regulations
Parade Indemnification Form
Parade Line Up Map