Alexis Ducorbier State Farm is proud to present the Rotary Club of Hammond 65th Annual Christmas Parade Friday, December 15, 2023 starting at 6:00 PM. This year's theme is “Christmas at the Farm!”.
START TIME: Friday, December 15, 2022, 6:00 PM
LINE-UP: Southeastern Line-up will start at 3:00 PM
All parade participants should be on their float or in their car by 5:30 PM! The parade starts promptly at 6:00 PM.
JUDGING: Due to time limitations, there will be NO judging of bands or performing groups groups by the judges' panel. The only categories judged will be Automobiles, Commercial Floats, Non-Commercial Floats and Walking Groups. Judges will be set up at the reviewing stand at the PJ's Coffee on Magnolia Street.
DISBANDING: Parking lot adjacent to the University Center on University Avenue.
Drop Off area: Will be on Lion Lane off University Avenue
- There will be only ONE SANTA CLAUS in the parade and he will ride in Santa's Special Sleigh at the END of the parade, should an organization try to have a Santa on their float or automobile your group will be immediately removed from the official parade lineup.
- If your entry cannot keep up with the Parade, you will be removed by the City of Hammond’s Police Department. Drivers must maintain a 2-car length distance between your vehicle and the next entry. ~ Per Hammond Police Chief Edwin Bergeron.
- No undecorated floats or automobiles will be allowed in the parade. This does not apply to automobiles pulling floats or to antique automobiles. BUT please try to decorate all vehicles. This parade is about showing our community’s Christmas spirit.
- All participants must have throws to offer spectators. Throws can consist of beads, cups, stuffed animals, candy or logoed business materials.
- Proof of insurance is required on all vehicles (floats and automobiles) participating in the parade and must be submitted no later than December 11, 2023.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed during the parade event.
- DISBANDING FOR ALL: All floats, vehicles, (all moving vehicles) will disband in parking lot adjacent to Southeastern’s Football stadium parking area. There will be uniformed police officers to assist and direct you at the end of the parade route. Please follow their instructions. Groups should move quickly out of the disbanding area as not to hold up the rest of the parade. We recommend that buses park near the disbanding area after dropping off parade participants.
- HEIGHT OF FLOATS CANNOT BE TALLER THAN 12 FEET.
- DO NOT STOP AT ANY TIME DURING THE PARADE TO PERFORM. Due to security reasons, the Hammond City police will remove your group from the parade, any parade participant that stops to perform.
There will be a judges’ platform at the PJ’s Coffee on Magnolia Street and West Thomas Street. DO NOT stop to perform at the judges' platform or anywhere else along the parade route.
- No vulgar or non-family oriented music shall be played in the parade. All dance clubs must submit play list to Hammond Rotary Club for approval. If inappropriate dance moves are preformed, the entire dance group will be exited off the parade route immediately. Security will be stationed along the parade route.
- An Indemnification Agreement shall be signed by all riders/walkers participating in the parade and shall be turned in the day of the parade.
The parade will be filmed again this year. The Rotary is accepting any information about parade participants to be announced by media as participants pass the judges' platform. Please email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information is helpful to introduce your entry as you are filmed. Don’t miss the opportunity for your business/organization to be highlighted on TV. Information should be no longer than 1-2 paragraphs or 50 words.
If you have any questions please feel free to call Michelle Gallo at 985-634-6273 or Daryl Ferrara at 985-351-7206 for information.
Thank you for participating, have fun, and Merry Christmas!
Download Forms Here:
Christmas Parade Rules and Regulations
Parade Application Form
Parade Indemnification Form
Parade Route (TBA)