Cypress Pointe Hospital is proud to present the Rotary Club of Hammond 59th Annual Christmas Parade Saturday, December 2, 2017 starting at 5:00pm. This year's theme is “Cypress Tree O’ Cypress Tree”.
START TIME: Saturday, December 2, 2017, 5:00pm
LINE-UP: 2:00pm at Strawberry Stadium Parking Garage (enter parking lot from West Dakota St). All parade participants must be on their float or in their vehicles by 4:00pm. The parade starts promptly at 5:00pm.
DISBANDING: Strawberry Stadium Parking Garage (Southeastern Louisiana University). Police officers will direct you to a safe location. Groups should move quickly out of the disbanding area to avoid holding up the rest of the parade. Buses should park near the disbanding area after dropping off parade participants.
JUDGING: Due to time limitations, the categories judged by the official parade judges will be Automobiles, Commercial Floats, Non-Commercial Floats and Walking Groups (no bands or performing groups). Plaques will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places in each category.
Crowd members can vote via Facebook for two categories: high school bands and all other participants. The winning high school band will receive an additional $100, and the winning participant will be awarded the Golden H Christmas Spirit Award.
- There will be only ONE SANTA CLAUS in the parade and he will ride in Santa's Special Sleigh at the END of the parade. Should an organization try to have a Santa on their float or vehicle, your group will be immediately removed from the parade.
- No undecorated floats or automobiles will be allowed in the parade. This does not apply to automobiles pulling floats or to antique automobiles. BUT please try to decorate all vehicles. This parade is about showing our community’s Christmas spirit.
- All participants must have throws for the crowd. Throws can consist of beads, cups, stuffed animals, candy or logoed business materials. No flyers or litter will be tolerated.
- DO NOT STOP AT ANY TIME DURING THE PARADE TO PERFORM. Due to security reasons, the Hammond Police will remove your group from the parade if you stop to perform.
- If your entry cannot keep up with the Parade, you will be removed by the Hammond Police Department. Drivers must maintain a 2-car length distance between your vehicle and the next entry. ~ Per Hammond Police Chief James Stewart
- The judges’ reviewing stand will be at the Greater Hammond Chamber of Commerce Office (by the train depot). DO NOT stop to perform at the judge’s stand or anywhere else along the route.
- Proof of Insurance and Driver’s Licenses for all drivers are required on all vehicles (floats and automobiles) participating in the parade and must be submitted no later than November 22, 2017.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed during the parade.
- The maximum height of floats is twelve (12) feet.
- No vulgar music is allowed during the parade. All music must be family-oriented to enhance the parade experience.
- An Indemnification Agreement must be signed by all riders/walkers participating in the parade and must be turned in PRIOR to the parade start time.
The parade will be filmed again this year. Please email or deliver a short paragraph (50 words or less) about your parade entry or business/organization to the City of Hammond:
City of Hammond
PO Box 2788
Hammond, LA 70404
310 East Charles Street
Hammond, LA 70401
This information is helpful to introduce your entry as you are filmed. Don’t miss the opportunity for your business/organization to be highlighted on TV. Information is due by Tuesday, November 22, 2017.
All questions should be directed to Alma Mitchell at the City of Hammond.
Thank you for participating, have fun, and Merry Christmas!
Download Forms Here:
Christmas Parade Rules and Regulations
Parade Indemnification Form